Thursday, August 21, 2008

Riding boots: Can you wear them over non-skinny pants?


I've been thinking about getting riding boots for a long because a) I love the classic style b) They won't hurt me as much as high-heeled boots and c) I like to pretend that I'm an equestrian champion.
Hermes riding boots are the crème de la crème but I won't shell out $2000 for boots, even if they are Hermes. That said, they are plenty of other riding boots that are still hot.
My dilemma is that since I don't wear skinny pants I am not sure whether I can pull of wearing riding boots and flared pants. I don't like it when I see women stuffing their jeans into their boots, and the result looks messy and unkempt. I don't want that. I like the clean lines of a skinny pant sliding effortlessly into a boot. But since I won't wear skinny pants, that may be difficult. But Hermes does give me some hope, as models from the S/S 08 collection wore jodhpurs and loose-fitting pants with their riding boots.


Ok so I know I'm not a model but I think I could pull this off as long as the pants are bunched up at the top of the boots. But they can also be worn with leggings or tights. Too bad I don't wear either.

Here are some riding boots that make me want to jump on a horse:

Coach Whitley Boot


Coach Winslow Boot

Tory Burch boot
Bottega Veneta boot


What do you think? Can riding boots be worn with non-skinny pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment