Thursday, August 14, 2008

My new crush: Paul Empson


Paul Empson has captured my heart with his photographs.
I don't really care about what he looks like (or I couldn't find a photo of him on Google Images) or where he is from (why doesn't he have a Wikipedia page?) or whether he likes animals. All I care about is his eye for beautiful photographs.
Paul has shot many a model such as Tanya D; he has shot ads for Kookai and George Cross and has photographed the band Silverchair.
What I love about his photos is his use of colour- neon yellows, muted pinks, soft blues: They all create a mood. The models seem more alive and vivid; they really stand out and are hard to forget.
One of my favorite photos is of a model lying in a bed under a glow of yellow. She is half dressed, the bed sheets are messy and she is twisting a strand of hair through her fingers. It feels like you just caught her just after pleasuring a man (or herself.) Simply unforgettable.

(Photos: Paul Empson)

No comments:

Post a Comment