Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Editors who inspire me

Normally I look at the runways and fashion bloggers like Susie Bubble and Fashion Toast, to name a few, for fashion inspiration. However recently I have been noticing the people who bring fashion to the masses- editors. I find photos of them on the Fashion Spot, The Sartorialist and Style in the City, among other blogs, and have come to appreciate their sense of style.

These are just a few of the editors who make me wish I had them as personal stylists.

Evelina Khromchenko - Editor-in-Chief, L`Officiel Russia
First of all I LOVE her haircut. If I could carry off bleach blond hair this is how I would do it. I think it's great that she doesn't have one uniform look- she plays around with punk rock vamp, red-carpet diva and flirty suit businesswoman. And her legs are to die for.


Kate Lanphear - Style Director, US Elle

Ahhh Kate. Everyone loves her. Yet another head of hair that I wish I could carry off. Kate usually rotates between greys and blacks and never strays to bright colours. She has a mix of Yves Saint Laurent-like men's suits, simple striped tees and killer shoes. It's effortless and beautiful.

Miroslava Mikheeva-Duma - Fashion Editor, Harper's Bazaar Russia
Miroslava first caught my attention with her gorgeous YSL Muse 2 bag but when I looked at the rest of her ensemble I fell in love with her style. Her look is very grown-up: slim dresses, pleated floral skirts, tweed blazers and designer bags. Somehow her colours look coordinated without being so, and they always look good on her. And she has incredible bangs.


Claire Dhelens - Fashion & Accessories Editor, Vogue Paris

Parisians remind me a lot of New Yorkers; they love wearing super-tight, black clothes and Claire is no exception. Her silhouette is very slim, with simple, classic lines. Nothing too flashy except for odd moments of bright colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment