Friday, July 18, 2008

Vintage finds

I am a newcomer to vintage so I've been researching a lot of local stores as well as online consignment shops. I came across Olive's Very Vintage, a clothing boutique in Brooklyn, which sells vintage designer clothing and accessories, as well as lesser-known goodies.
Here are some of my favorite selections:

Ralph Lauren Nautical Blazer, 1980s

I love how this nautical blazers are making a comeback. I bought a similar blazer with a crest and gold-plated buttons on the sleeves at Bebe and I always get asked whether it is vintage. One guy even asked me if I went to an all-girls school (I lied and said yes!) I love how this blazer is over-sized but is fitted to your shape.

Metallic Egg-Shaped Evening Bag, 1970s


It reminds me of a Fabergé Egg; so gorgeous but quirky. I would love to get my hands on this unique piece. And it can also be used as a clutch!

Grey Silk Mandarin Dress, 1950s


This piece is very classic and elegant but I also find it extremely sexy in a restrained kind of way. I love the idea "less is more" and this dress exemplifies that statement.

Norman Norell Floral Lace Dress, 1960s


When I saw this dress I immediately thought of the Prada F/W 08 collection which really showed us how we should be wearing lace. This dress still looks young and modern and I love how the bow completes the outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment